Kovalchuk to the Habs

RegDunlop

well its  a  2way contract, so  theres no  real downside, couldnt get a  spot  on  LA, who are arguably worst than mtl, so the question is,  whats the upside?
Montreal are not making the playoff, 0 chance  the math  doesnt add up. so the upside is what..  hopes  kovy  scores  at a PPG pace till  march 1st and try to flip him for a 3rd rounder? and if  thats the case... if kovy just  gives us like  4-5 more pts in the standing, thats knocking down our chances at lafreniere,  so I dont see  any upside here

Edited by Vegeta
  • Like 1

where does he fit in that lineup?
does he  just slot in on the 1st line instead of gallagher? they cant  be more different kind of player...
 do you want kovy and domi on the ice  at the same time?   hello defense? gl price
do you throw kovy  on the third with KK?
4th Line ?

Habs are likely not making the playoffs ( still rocking an 11% chance lol )

i think its a good signing regardless where he plays in the lineup.

Maybe the kids in the minors arent ready for NHL action. probably better off letting them get some experience  in there current location as opposed to calling them up to early and possibly losing what confidence they might have at there level.

maybe it works out and as Vegeta said he gets traded, i think any GM would pay 700k for a 3rd pick 

Laferniere is a dream, but likely not gonna happen. Montreal would have to tank hard, would have to finish 5th or less (currently sitting 8th from last place)

9 minutes ago, Duxburger said:

Habs are likely not making the playoffs ( still rocking an 11% chance lol )

i think its a good signing regardless where he plays in the lineup.

Maybe the kids in the minors arent ready for NHL action. probably better off letting them get some experience  in there current location as opposed to calling them up to early and possibly losing what confidence they might have at there level.

maybe it works out and as Vegeta said he gets traded, i think any GM would pay 700k for a 3rd pick 

Laferniere is a dream, but likely not gonna happen. Montreal would have to tank hard, would have to finish 5th or less (currently sitting 8th from last place)

8th from last place  isnt to  far fetched my man.   sure  detroit  finishing last, but after that its close
 11% seems about right, but  I dont think theres  anyway  they make it,
Boston is way ahead,  Toronto has figured  it out ( altought will get bounce in the first round)  Tampa  stil has  like 5 game in hand  and are ahead  and theyve been  BAD yet they still in there,
Panthers  are better  than us  aswell,  and  the wildcard are going to the metro  anyway.  Bring  out the  tank, shoot for lafreniere

heres a  question. assuming we get  like the 7th pick in the draft and detroit  gets  1st.
does  something Big  + 7th Pick get you  #1 pick? draft is in montreal

This reminds me of when Habs signed Radulov, virtually everybody scoffed and that worked out pretty well albeit for 1 year

Habs have 4 of their Top 9 hurt right now, it's a no risk move for the rest of this year, there is virtually no way they will do any "tanking" so this could help especially on the PP and if it doesn't help who cares it cost nothing to try.

We as fans in Montreal over think everything and are so easy to criticize ,we signed a spare part for 700K, let's wait a shift or at least a period before we all bitch about how bad Kovy is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raken65 said:

This reminds me of when Habs signed Radulov, virtually everybody scoffed and that worked out pretty well albeit for 1 year

Habs have 4 of their Top 9 hurt right now, it's a no risk move for the rest of this year, there is virtually no way they will do any "tanking" so this could help especially on the PP and if it doesn't help who cares it cost nothing to try.

We as fans in Montreal over think everything and are so easy to criticize ,we signed a spare part for 700K, let's wait a shift or at least a period before we all bitch about how bad Kovy is.

Kovy will do just fine, this is essentially his last chance for some sort of redemption. He'll perform better than he did in LA, he knows he has to if he wants to be relevant in the NHL