How's everybody doing?

byz

I'll be the first to admit I very much became a hermit during this COVID bit, to the detriment of my mental health. Coming out of the cave a bit here, I realized I haven't really met a lot of our new (or not-new) managers across Capwise. How are you? Anything new and exciting? Are you cheering for any of the 4 remaining NHL teams? How about that Jordan Eberle? 😍

Thank for asking, Biz!

Haha, yeah, I definitely mentally checked out for a while. It's weird how quickly this became the new normal. I mean I moved to a new city, am prone to being lazy, AND work from home, but this added just another level of isolation.

I have a feeling the U.S. will be still be dealing with this issue for the foreseeable future. :(

Let's go Dallas! As soon as the Bruins were knocked out though, I was happy.

• Like 1

Apologies in advance if this comes across as "rubbing it in" to anyone who is struggling, but just to add a voice of positivity...

I am loving so many aspects of this! Every morning when I would normally be getting in my car to begin the long LA commute, I now go for a run. And without having to balance the effects of late night beer league, I've been able to run a lot.

Running in the morning means I don't need to spend time showering until later, which means more time with my 2 year old.  Also 2 (nearly 2, really) is a super fun age... feeling very lucky to be home to witness it. And no commute at night means an extra hour with her before bed time, too.

Also I am loving the fact that after the penguins got knocked out I only had to wait like 2 weeks before football started. How great is that?

Anyway, not traveling sucks. Been almost a year since I've seen my family, and over a year since I've been back home. Missed a funeral and a baptism. So there are definitely some rough parts. 

But it's not all bad!  Hope everyone else is able to find at least SOME silver lining in there. 

Meanwhile, go Tampa I guess or whatever? Vegas? I don't know who cares but fuck the islanders. 

• Like 4

Welcome to stepping out. I have too many sad, depressing stories of ruined lives and people lost to this pandemic. I'm trying very hard not to look back and focus on retooling my life so I'm a happier person. I'm so looking forward to seeing my family again but I'm in Canada and they are all in the US. 

We all need distractions from the stress of surviving today. I have so enjoyed watching NHL games again. I have great respect for all the players who have accepted so many constraints to give all of us some fantastic hockey to enjoy. I'm now a Lighting fan. Yzerman may not be the GM but the seeds he planted before leaving are blossoming. Go Tampa Bay!

• Like 1