Downtime Incoming - Server Migration

byz

You guys probably noticed the downtime Capwise had the last couple days. That was on my crappy current server host, which should be enough for me to get my money back with the ol' credit card company.

Good news is I've been testing another server company for the last couple weeks, and I'm super impressed. While Capwise was down, I migrated the site and it seems to be operating 100% on the new server. As soon as James points our domain, I'm going to turn off the forums on *this* server so we don't lose any posts in transition. You might see a 'Forum is Offline' message for a bit, but that is intentional. As soon as the domain is pointed it'll be back up again automatically (in my experience it takes 2-12 hours - it can depend on browser cookies too). Plus, I'll do it overnight.

Assuming James is around, I'll aim to do it tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Salros said:

Good Luck! Finding a good home for all our bits and bytes would be a great way to begin the New Year. The work of digital maintenance is never done. May the Server Gods be nice.

And a big Thank-You for securing our place in our digital world. Most of the time, it's a thankless job.

Ugh, it's annoying that I have to spend all this time on this as all our issues over the past year would've been taken care of by any decent server host. I've only learned a lot about server administration due to the trial by fire nature this host has put me through >.<

They used to be *so* good :(