The Myth of the Perfect Score

Ralphdog

I like to write and I like looking through hockey statistics, so when I heard that a team in the CHA won their matchup last week with a perfect 16-0 score, I went digging around through fantrax. I could recall other 16-0 wins through the years but it seemed they were becoming less frequent. 

I looked through six seasons of stats from the GNFL, ECFL, IFHL, HUEL & SFHL as well as the present season in all leagues and have found exactly zero other sightings of the elusive perfect score. Can it be that when the CHA Champion Rocky Mountain Roughnecks beat Pimple International Legion last week in the HUEL, it marked the first time this has ever happened? 

Can't be, right?

here's the proof...16-0.PNG

• Like 1
  • Stick Tap 4

I’ve never seen it. That said I once came close to losing 16-0, in my first season in the PCFL. I was able to tie one cat late in the matchup, and my opponent (Black Harbour Octopi, the eventual champs) never got a shutout... so lucky me, jroc was 15-0-1 all week but never quite made it over the hump - it ended 14-0-2.

Edited by RegDunlop