Smilezone :) 24 Charity Hockey Tournament

rhoward1987

Hello Capwise Community!!

I hope each one of you is doing fantastic!, whether we have interacted before or not.

It has been a few years since last being in a Capwise league yet I still find myself checking in on a monthly to weekly basis depending on the time of year. I loved my time running multiple teams but life got in the way and I had to step away. I hope to return to the fantasy aspect at some point again but am posting for a different reason this time around. 

As some of you may recall I play in a 24 hour charity hockey tournament for a foundation called Smilezone. You can click the link here Home - Smilezone Foundation to see all they do. One of their main objectivities is to put smiles on those kids who are sick in the hospital. The transform those boring hallways and rooms in hospitals into amazing spaces of learning and healing. The tournament has been on hold for the last two years like most of our lives due to Covid but is making an exciting comeback this year! Like many other foundations, the last two years have made fundraising difficult and Smilezone is looking to make this the most successful tournament to date. So any donation, regardless of the amount, will go a long way in putting smiles on thousands of children's faces

I leave my personal page link below incase any in the community would like to help me smash my fundraising goal of $500.

Cheers and may the Puck Gods give you that one PP point you need to win :)

https://smilezonefoundation.akaraisin.com/ui/24hourhockey/p/02123895474545a2b290d721e158c6d7#.YljekS4SFdg.link

• Like 1
  • Stick Tap 2

This community is amazing! Just over 24 hours since I posted and I'm already over half way to my goal of $500 with $332.50 donated so far, with $200+ from the Capwise community. Thank you to those who have donated! 👏 👏 

Plenty of time left to fly past my goal. Help me make that happen.

Cheers 🍻

• Stick Tap 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who supported this great cause. It was a great event that raised $167,094.51 for Smilezone. I had a absolute blast and the team I played for raised $22,323.75 (3rd highest team total)!! 

Got to play against one of my idols growing up in Eric Lindros. Also got a couple shifts with former Rangers Adam Graves and Stephane Matteau. 

Can't wait until next year!

• Like 1
  • Stick Tap 3