Thank-you NHLPA!! Welcome to Fantasy Hell

Salros

There are two great influencers of our game that are out of our control, Scheduling and Red flags. Week by week, no matter how great a team you build, these elements can significantly influence weekly matches. Injuries and illnesses are part of every teams fate as well as Scheduling (until set) but this period of this season’s schedule has been incredible rough on our CHA’s matches. Below I’ve prepared a table of each teams number of games over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully you and your opponent are equally effected. But some of us will face a game disparity that will be too great to overcome. It all comes down to fate and karma. Good luck!

2week-Sch.xlsx

We started seeing 2 games a week for some teams back in January. This week, Pittsburgh played only 1 game and for the next 2 weeks, 5 teams play only 1 game in a week. I've already had one week where Philadelphia and Los Angeles played 2 games each which really hurt the ability of the Flying Canucks to be competitive.

We do have the ability to combine two weeks into one matchup, by the way (like we did around the NHL All-Star Game).  If the bulk of teams are taking their bye week within this two week window, it would make sense.  I wonder though if this two-week snapshot you've taken here is a worst-case-scenario, or would any two-week snapshot in the month of February look like this?

Loss my focus. I was actually looking at Carolina only playing 1 game against Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. Pittsburgh has already had its week of playing only 1 game. It happen the 1st week of January.

It does appear we are in a unique period of the NHL schedule where many teams over a short period are playing 1 game. I don't think combining the next 2 weeks together would be very fair.

Edited by Salros

12 minutes ago, James said:

It was to get players to come to the all-star game, right?  I imagine they'll keep it in place if there's an all-star game next year.  Which hopefully there won't be!!!

The players wanted it for playing the world Cup. They ended up not liking it, to many games in a short time to make up for time off.

1 minute ago, orphans said:

The players wanted it for playing the world Cup. They ended up not liking it, to many games in a short time to make up for time off.

Oh interesting.  I misunderstood -- the reports all said that the players got the bye week in exchange for accepting the all-star format.  But you're right, the bye week wasn't actually intended to compensate for the all-star game.  It was just a quid pro quo type of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks would be way better, for sure.  I'd definitely combine them into one scoring matchup.

I'm just glad we're not still on Yahoo where failing to meet the GP minimum means losing all goalie categories.  At least with Fantrax it's just 2 of the 16 total categories that are affected.  That's not that bad.

It's terrible and I lost this week because of  Bobrovski not playing. Now Anaheim is on a bye this week. So back-to-back weeks I can't meet goalie minimum? This time of year points mean a lot. I shouldn't lose because of a bye week. Especially twice in a row. There is nothing any of us can do about it. So why are we being punished for it?