Fantasy First Hockey Podcast

James

Just some clarification…

The Trade Portal is actively in use for all leagues. Submitting a trade triggers the Capwise Bot (which Scotty alluded to) to immediately post it for the executive committee. And the committee now uses the new thumbs up/down reaction emojis to vote on trades. In fact, if you hover over those, you’ll see they say “approve” and “veto”. Apologies to anyone offended by the thumbs up 🤣

The Transaction Portal that Lance referred to has been in beta testing in the P since late last season, and has now been officially deployed in the PCFL only. We will test it there for a couple hundred transactions, and then probably roll it out to a few more leagues at a time. The goal being to have all Capwise leagues on it by the end of the season.  If you’re interested to see the future of Capwise, definitely check out the demo video that’s linked from the podcast. There are some nifty benefits to it, most notably that you can see exactly how much cap space you’ll have before pulling the trigger on a move. 

Spoiler alert, but I’ll be joining a future episode and we’ll be sure to talk in depth about the future of Capwise, including the role this tool will play. 

• Stick Tap 4
  • Approve 1

9 hours ago, James said:

Spoiler alert, but I’ll be joining a future episode and we’ll be sure to talk in depth about the future of Capwise, including the role this tool will play. 

If anyone has any questions for James that you'd like us to address on the podcast,  please send them in to fantasyfirsthockeypodcast@gmail.com or you can shoot me a message here on Capwise.  Could be a question about Capwise or whether he prefers boxers or briefs. As usual, no holds barred. :)

• Stick Tap 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, Ralphdog said:

If anyone has any questions for James that you'd like us to address on the podcast,  please send them in to fantasyfirsthockeypodcast@gmail.com or you can shoot me a message here on Capwise.  Could be a question about Capwise or whether he prefers boxers or briefs. As usual, no holds barred. :)

Are Banana Hammocks an option?

Hey guys, this coming Friday I'll be sitting down with James for an episode of the  Fantasy First Hockey Podcast. It would be great to get some questions or comments from the community that we can address on the show. You can message me here on Capwise or send an email to fantasyfirsthockeypodcast@gmail.com.  Hope to hear from you!

Just need to comment on the weekly Auston Matthews "concern" about his lack of scoring.

First 10 games:                                              Next 3 games:

GP  G    A   PT   SOG                    GP   G    A   PT   SOG

2021-22    10   5     3    8     43                      3      2     2    4     13

2022-23    10   3     5    8     43                      3      3     2    5     13

He has 7 less FOW this year, but has 21 more hits.

Matthews is quietly repeating his last year's pace.

• Stick Tap 2

22 minutes ago, huntz71 said:

Just need to comment on the weekly Auston Matthews "concern" about his lack of scoring.

First 10 games:                                              Next 3 games:

GP  G    A   PT   SOG                    GP   G    A   PT   SOG

2021-22    10   5     3    8     43                      3      2     2    4     13

2022-23    10   3     5    8     43                      3      3     2    5     13

He has 7 less FOW this year, but has 21 more hits.

Matthews is quietly repeating his last year's pace.

You know the media has to make something outta nothingxD

I'm with you man. I boldly predicted 75 from him this year so I'm rooting for him! 

• Stick Tap 1
  • Veto 2

2 hours ago, Ralphdog said:

You know the media has to make something outta nothingxD

I'm with you man. I boldly predicted 75 from him this year so I'm rooting for him! 

Rooting for a Leaf .. the only times you can justifiably root for a leaf are listed below...

#1 The person rooting for a Leaf or the Leafs lives in the GTA 

#2 They are playing Boston

#3 They are the only Canadian Team left in contention for the Cup

#4 The person rooting for a Leaf or the Leafs are diagnosable with some kind of extremely rare impediment 

#5 The person rooting for a Leaf or the Leafs has forgotten the Rouge part of Bleu, Blanc et Rouge and has made a mistake

#6 Go Habs Go!

• Stick Tap 1
  • Haha 2
  • Veto 1

Couple episodes behind, but just wanted to call out that you can’t at once complain about goalies having too much value, and takeaways being dumb. Yeah, takeaways are super dumb, but show me a better offensive stat that can replace it… if you get rid of it, goalies just become even more valuable.