The 2016 Draft

byz

1 hour ago, Zipper14 said:

Those guys were all regarded as can't miss picks, which is why they are in the top 5. Juolevi is not regarded as can't miss. It's even debatable as to whether or not he's the best dman in the draft class, and the second Dman drafted didn't go until #9.  I think there's a chance he's a Griffin Reinhart (4), Derrick Pouliot (8), Adam Larsson (4), Erik Gudbranson (3), Luke Schenn (5), Thomas Hickey (4), or even Erik Johnson (1), who is solid, but he was taken instead of Toews or Backstrom. 

I do think Benning's scouting is probably his forte, and I think he probably did try to trade down, so I'm not heartbroken about the pick. It's just strange that he didn't take the obvious power forward pick, when he took one with the first pick in the last two drafts, and when dmen have a lesser chance of working out  

It's too bad he couldn't have taken a shot at a dman with the 33rd pick, but that was given away in the Gudbranson deal. 

Well in 2012 8 of the first 10 picks were Dmen. I know what you're saying but if you think Tkachuk is a can't miss me thinks you might be mistaken. The Gudbranson deal is one I'd make all day long. I think Benning beat Chia and the Oil to him. As we are seeing it's very tough to get to get good Dmen without over paying. I think unproven left wingers are a dime a dozen. Tkachuk's knock has been his skating. It didn't take long for it to catch up to Cody Hodgson. I'm not saying Tkachuk will end up like Cody but he might. I have enjoyed kicking this around. Just remember "We Are All Canucks"!

Edited by The Rainman

My two cents

i think detroit fleeced coyotes with the deal. the guy they drafted was the trailer park family of the draft. friggin hilarious. and the wings are totally playing to keep the streak going. 

Benning is going to Benning  benning__1_.0.jpg in all regards, draft and gubrandson. 

I think Keller will be  a steal in a few years. 

and the sens took the big body instead of hockey IQ (bean) and they will pay for it.